“We count on you; do you count on us?”
The Eurochild Conference in Opatija will bring positive examples of how public decision-makers at local, national and European levels are respecting the right of children to participate in decisions affecting them.
Who should attend?
The Eurochild conference will bring together practitioners, researchers, civil society actors, policy and decision makers along with children and young people themselves to contribute to improving children’s participation in public decision-making.
What to expect at the Eurochild conference?
- High level speakers offering inspiration and food for thought on how children can become active agents in influencing and improving public decision-making!
- Discover local practice and policy: over 10 study visits in and around Opatija
- 8 workshop topics will offer participants a chance to learn by doing
- 1/3 of the participants will be under 18 years of age! The Eurochild conference is co-designed and co-delivered with children. Children will bring their own ideas and perspectives to support their engagement in public decision-making.
- Interaction with participants of different ages and experiences! Participants will be invited to share their stories at the Human Library and engage with each other in small ‘home’ groups!
- Call for Children’s Delegations (Deadline: 31 July)
Find out more: Eurochild